Which Wholesale UK LTD.
Terms and Conditions .
1. These terms and conditions apply to all contracts for the sale of goods or supply of services of our Commerical Sector between Belowtradeprices.co.uk (Which Wholesale UK LTD.) and our customers and set out the basis upon which Which Wholesale UK LTD. agrees to sell goods or supply services to our customers. You should read these terms and conditions carefully before you place your order. By placing your order you will be deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions and to be making an offer to purchase the goods or services subject to these terms and conditions.
2. These terms and conditions apply to all contracts for the sale of goods or supply of services by Which Wholesale UK LTD. to the exclusion of all and any other terms and conditions or representations including any verbal or written terms or conditions or representations however and by whomsoever made and superseed any other verbal or written terms and conditions or representations.
Ordering - By placing your order you accept that these terms and conditions apply. Sometimes due to factors beyond our control such as for example, foreign exchange fluctuations, changes in taxes and duties or increased labour or manufacturing charges, the price given on our website or in our brochures may change before the goods are dispatched to you. If this happens we will contact you and advise you of the price whereby you may cancel the order if you wish to do so.
Contract - Inital communications will confirm we have received your order, but don't represent any acceptance of your offer to purchase products or services from us. There is no legal obligion to provide the products and services to you during the offer process (before the contract is completed). The contract between you and us is complete when we dispatch the products to you.
No verbal quotation or estimate will be binding on Which Wholesale UK LTD..
All charges and prices will be subject to VAT at the prevailing rate. A VAT invoice will be provided on request.
Availability - All goods displayed on our website are subject to availability. If the goods you require are out of stock or are no longer available we may suggest alternatives.
Payment - We will require payment in full before we will despatch your order. We will accept payments made by Visa, Mastercard, Delta/Connect, Switch or BACS details can be given on request. Payments made by Credit Card is subject to a 2% surcharge. Goods paid for by BACS or CHAPS will be despatched when the payment reaches our account.
Delivery - Most of our deliveries are made within 3-5 days after ordering. Domestic goods can take up to 14 days if coming direct from the manufacturer. Please use the stock check facility to check this before proceeding. Whilst we will always do our best to ensure that deliveries take place within a reasonable period of time and within the time scale specified, a delay may sometimes occur which is entirely beyond our control. When the lead time from the manufacturer is compromised beyond our control and both parties are not satisfied with the timescales of the delivery a full refund will be issued.
3. It is your responsibility to ensure that someone is available to accept delivery of the goods at the agreed delivery date. If the goods cannot be delivered you will be charged a failed delivery fee. Delivery slots are not given. However we do at all times try our best to give ETA's and you will be advised accordingly either 24 hours or on the day of your delivery. Most couriers will give a courtesy call 1 hour before delivery.
4. All deliveries are to ground floor level UK mainland addresses and the goods will be delivered to the outside of the delivery address only. All delivery charges are calculated on this basis. If you have any requirements over and above this you must notify us when you place your order and a higher delivery charge may be made.
5. It is your responsibility to ensure that the goods will fit the delivery premises and to check the dimensions of the delivery address for access, including all doors, corridors, stairs and corners. Which Wholesale UK will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage due to inaccessibility or failure of the delivery. Aborterd delivery charges on commercial items charges range from 10-25% of the cost of the order.
6. You must unpack the goods and inspect them before the delivery is completed and the driver leaves. If there is any damage to the goods or there are any missing parts or the goods supplied are not in accordance with your order you must make a note of this on the delivery note and you must also notify us immediately. You are not entitled to refuse the delivery on the grounds that part of the order is missing or is incorrect. In the absence of any comment on the delivery note it will be deemed that the goods were delivered in satisfactory condition and in accordance with your order.
7. You must not use, fit or install any damaged or incorrectly supplied goods whether notified to us or not. If you do, you will be deemed to have accepted the goods and Which Wholesale UK will accept no further responsibility in relation to such goods. Which Wholesale UK will give no warranty in respect of any damaged or incorrectly supplied goods which are used or installed by you.
8. Suitability of the Goods - Goods are not supplied on a trial basis. It is your responsibility to ensure that the goods that you order are suitable for your requirements and the purpose for which you intend to use them before you place your order. It is your responsibility to ensure that drainage and all power supplies and connections are appropriate for the goods supplied and that water softeners are fitted in hard water areas. All gas powered goods must be fitted by a CORGI approved fitter and all electrical goods by a qualified fitter. Which Wholesale UK will accept no liability for damage to goods or any other liability or loss caused by incorrect fitting or installation. We take all reasonable care to ensure that all descriptions, details and specifications are accurate. However, all sizes, colours, dimensions and measurements should be treated as being approximate and full detailed specifications are available on request.
9. We strongly advise that you should not book fitters or installers to begin work until after the goods have been delivered and inspected by you.
10. Which Wholesale UK cannot accept any responsibility for any loss or damage as a result of late or delayed delivery of the goods.
11. Risk in the goods passes to you on delivery and it is your responsibility to insure the goods from then.
12. Unwanted goods - Which Wholesale UK LTD. are not under any obligation to accept returns of unwanted or unsuitable goods and will only do so in their absolute discretion. In any event returned goods will not be accepted unless they are unused and undamaged and in the original packaging. The goods must be returned complete with all parts, components, accessories and manuals. You will be charged the cost of replacing any missing items or repairing any damage. A collection charge will be made which will not be less than the cost of delivery of the goods. You will also be charged a restocking fee ranging from 10-25% depending on the size and value of the item of the invoiced amount of the returned goods plus vat. Specially ordered or bespoke goods may be subject to additional charges at Which Wholesale UK discretion. Refunds will only be paid after Which Wholesale UK LTD. have inspected the returned goods and after deduction of collection and restocking charges and the cost of repairing any damage or replacing missing items.
13. Warranties - All items sold on Which Wholesale UK LTD. are subject to the warranties offered by the manufacturers of that product. If the item does not have a warranty option on its page, there is no warranty option except the standard offered by the manufacturer. Where there is a warranty option, it is your responsibility to check that the warranty you have selected is correct for your requirements before payment. Warranties will not apply if the goods have been altered, damaged, misused or disassembled or if any of the seals have been broken or tampered with or where the goods have been damaged by smoke, fire or water.
14. This warranty is personal to the original purchaser of the goods and is not transferable.
15. Which Wholesale UK LTD. will not under any circumstances accept any liability or responsibility for any loss of goods, trade, product or any other consequential loss which might arise out of or as a result of any defect or failure of the goods supplied.
16. Retention of Title - Notwithstanding that the goods have been delivered and accepted by you the ownership or legal title to the goods will not pass to you until you have paid in full for the goods supplied and there are no other sums of money due from you to Which Whoilesale UK LTD.. Until this time you will store or mark or keep the goods supplied in such a way as to make them clearly identifiable as our property. Until such time as all sums due to Which Wholesale UK LTD. have been paid in full you will at Which Wholesale UK LTD. request deliver up the goods and you acknowledge that Which Wholesale UK LTD. will be entitled to enter any premises owned or occupied or controlled by you where the goods are situated for the purpose of recovering and repossessing the goods.
17). Governing Law This contract is subject to the law of England and Wales and is subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. If you are dealing in the capacity of a consumer these terms and conditions will not affect your statutory rights. Which Wholesale UK LTD. will have no liability to you for any failure in supply or delivery of goods or services that is caused by any event or circumstance that is beyond our reasonable control including but without limitation war, flood, fire, industrial action or disputes.